The Malawi Assemblies of God University Alumni Association
On the 28th of February 2019, the MAGU administration invited alumni students to discuss and create an Alumni Association. The meeting was a success and a committee was formed leading to the official creation of an Alumni Association.
In his remarks, The University Deputy Vice Chancellor Dr. Devin Nkhoma emphasized on the value of the alumni and declared them as ambassadors of the institution. He thanked the Alumni for making themselves available and for their positive contribution towards the Institution.
The Current Alumni association committee has the following positions; President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Vice Secretary, Committee Members, and the positions are filled as follows;
|PRESIDENT||Anderson Kayenda||Bachelor Of Commerce – Business Administration|
|VICE PRESIDENT||Asante Chimgoga||Bachelor Of Commerce – Accounting|
||Bria Phiri||Bachelor Of Commerce – Banking And Finance|
|Secretary||Derek Pendame||Bachelor Of Commerce – Insurance|
||Franklin Mwamulima||Bachelor Of Arts – Bible And Theology|
|Committee Members||Patson Lungu, Bridget Chilemba ,Rachel Iphani ,Linda Disi|
The main roles and responsibilities of the association will be;
- To become Role Models and a source of Inspiration to both current and prospective students
- To be Career Mentors
- To Offer Expertise on Industry Expectations to the Institution
- To Offer an opportunity to assess professional development
- To Assist in Student Retention Efforts
- To Assist in the increasing of efforts in Collection of Funds
- To Support on safeguarding MAGUs Reputation.