The Malawi Assemblies of God University Alumni Association
On the 28th of February 2019, the MAGU administration invited alumni students to discuss and create an Alumni Association. The meeting was a success and a committee was formed leading to the official creation of an Alumni Association.
In his remarks, The University Deputy Vice Chancellor Dr. Devin Nkhoma emphasized on the value of the alumni and declared them as ambassadors of the institution. He thanked the Alumni for making themselves available and for their positive contribution towards the Institution.
The Alumni association committee that was formed , has the following positions; Chairman; Vice Chairman; Treasure; Secretary; Publicity Secretary; Committee Members; Welfare Director and the positions where filled as follows;
|Chairman||Mathew Matandaliwe||Bachelors of Commerce in Accounting|
|Vice Chairman||Alinafe Kandiwo||Bachelors of Commerce in Banking and Finance|
|Treasure||Belfrey moyo||Bachelors of Commerce in Banking and Finance|
|Secretary||Faith Chavula||Bachelors of Commerce in Business Administration|
|Publicity Secretary||Wongani Msowoya||Bachelors of Education in English|
|Welfare Director||Ellah Kachala||Bachelors of Commerce in Business Administration|
|Committee Members||Enson Lwesya, Abel Jephtah, Rev M. Chipeta, Patson Lungu|
The main roles and responsibilities of the association will be;
- To become Role Models and a source of Inspiration to both current and prospective students
- To be Career Mentors
- To Offer Expertise on Industry Expectations to the Institution
- To Offer an opportunity to assess professional development
- To Assist in Student Retention Efforts
- To Assist in the increasing of efforts in Collection of Funds
- To Support on safeguarding MAGUs Reputation.