Welcome to Open Distance Learning
Open Distance & e-learning (ODeL)
Coordinator: Mrs. Bubire Kitha
Open Distance and e-learning (ODeL) is a mode of program delivery where students learn by mixing face-to-face interactions and Distance Learning through the internet (online). ODeL was established with the purpose of extending MAGU’s excellent education products to candidates who can’t access them in the regular and traditional format of a university. The ODeL system is a blended approach that is able to bring students for a short period of time to introduce various programs and then allows the Facilitators to guide the discovery of knowledge through the e-learning platform over an extended period of time.
MAGU is registered and authorised to offer all its accredited programs via ODeL by the National Council of Higher Education (NCHE). NCHE registered and authorised MAGU ODeL on the 5th of April 2022. The authorisation was made public by NCHE via Newspaper. Click to View NCHE Authorization
Admissions and Entry Requirements
How to Apply
MAGU requires those who want to enrol under ODeL to fill out the ODeL application form. The application fee is MK 5000. Applicants must pay the fee through our bank account. Our bank account details are on the application. Applicants must then deliver the application forms to the ODeL office at the MAGU Lilongwe campus. Applicants who intend to send applications via post office should do so two weeks before the application deadline. Alternatively, applicants can scan and attach and email the applications to the ODeL admissions office.Download the application form via the button ontop of the this page.
Entry Requirements: Secondary School Level
Prospective Candidates immediately from Secondary schools must:
- Be holders of MSCE, IGSCE or other internationally recognized qualification comparable to ‘O’ level certificates with at least six subjects each having a minimum of six credits including English Language. The following is the Malawi Assemblies of God University’s interpretation of IGCSE results for admission purposes: A*= 1; A = 2; B = 3; C = 5; D = 7; EFG = 8.
- Candidates who failed to satisfy the university entry requirements in the recent past (not more five years but successfully improved their grades after re-sit for up to a maximum of four subjects may use their supplementary statements for purposes of accumulating credits. Please note that for purposes of accumulating grades, applicants cannot use two independent certificates, i.e. applicants who passed MSCE in a certain year such as 2012 or 2013 and were awarded a full certificate and sat again MSCE in 2014 and obtained another full certificate cannot combine grades from the two independent certificates.
- Candidates with ‘A’ level qualifications must have a minimum of three principal passes with an aggregate of at least 9 points obtained in 2014, 2013 or 2012. For purposes of selection, A-level grades are interpreted as follows: A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1.
- Candidates with an International Baccalaureate (IB) must have a minimum of 30 points.
- Candidates with an Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Certificate must have achieved at least grade ‘C’ in four
- A-Level recognized subjects and one IGCSE Credit including the English Language.
- Candidates with a National Senior Certificate (NSC) must have a minimum score of 60% (Achievement Level 5) in four designated NSC subjects including English
Entry Requirements: Mature Entry Level
- Must have a Malawi School Certificate of Education or its O-Level equivalent qualification with at least four (4) credits including English
- A University Diploma from any accredited programs and recognized examining bodies. There may be further Credit transfer consideration on the nature of the diploma.
- A minimum of two (2) years post diploma work in a field related to that being applied for.
- Specific Credit Transfer under Direct Credit Transfer Agreements will facilitate a transfer of block credits and,
- Applicants must also meet specific requirements demanded of under each program in the Faculty.
PROGRAMS OFFERED UNDER ODEL
Degree Program: MK 250,000 / Semester
Diploma: MK 200,000 / Semester
University Certificate of Education (UCE): MK 420,000 / Whole Program
Our Tuition fees payment policy is flexible. We accept instalments.
Malawi Assemblies of God University
P.O. Box 184,
Phone: 0985557766 / 265884394302