Prospective Candidates immediately form Secondary schools must:
- Be holders of MSCE, IGSCE or other internationally recognized qualification comparable to ‘O’ level certificates with at least six subjects each having a minimum of six credits including English Language. The following is the Malawi Assemblies of God University’s interpretation of IGCSE results for admission purposes: A*= 1; A = 2; B = 3; C = 5; D = 7; EFG = 8.
- Candidates who failed to satisfy the university entry requirements in the recent past (not more five years but successfully improved their grades after re-sit for up to a maximum of four subjects may use their supplementary statements for purposes of accumulating credits. Please note that for purposes of accumulating grades, applicants cannot use two independent certificates, i.e. applicants who passed MSCE in a certain year such as 2012 or 2013 and were awarded a full certificate and sat again MSCE in 2014 and obtained another full certificate cannot combine grades from the two independent certificates.
- Candidates with ‘A’ level qualifications must have a minimum of three principal passes with an aggregate of at least 9 points obtained in 2014, 2013 or 2012. For purposes of selection, A-level grades are interpreted as follows: A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1.
- Candidates with an International Baccalaureate (IB) must have a minimum of 30 points.
- Candidates with an Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Certificate must have achieved at least grade ‘C’ in four
- A-Level recognized subjects and one IGCSE Credit including the English Language.
- Candidates with a National Senior Certificate (NSC) must have a minimum score of 60% (Achievement Level 5) in four designated NSC subjects including English
Post-Secondary School Candidates also known as Mature Entry Applicants
- Must have a Malawi School Certificate of Education or its O-Level equivalent qualification with at least four (4) credits including English
- A University Diploma from any accredited programs and recognized examining bodies. There may be further Credit transfer consideration on the nature of the diploma.
- A minimum of two (2) years post diploma work in a field related to that being applied for.
- Specific Credit Transfer under Direct Credit Transfer Agreements will facilitate a transfer of block credits and,
- Applicants must also meet specific requirements demanded of under each program in the Faculty.