MALAWI ASSEMBLIES OF GOD UNIVERSITY CURRENT VACANCIES
The Malawi Assemblies of God University (MAGU), an affiliate of the Malawi Assemblies of God was established to provide a high level system of education driven by strong Christian values and standards. The University is registered, recognized and accredited by Malawi Government through National Council for Higher Education (NCHE). MAGU is urgently seeking to fill vacant positions of Lecturers, Senior Lecturers, Associated Professor, and Professor as follows:
|FACULTY||AREA OF SPECIALIZATION||DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS||MINIMUM YEARS OF TEACHING EXPERIENCE AND/OR OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE SUCH AS RESEARCH OR ENGAGEMENT IN THE RELEVANT PROFESSION||NUMBER OF VACANT POSITIONS|
|COMMERCE||Accounting||Master of Finance; PhD or ACCA or equivalent||2||2|
|PhD in relevant field; Master of Business Administration or its equivalent||2||1|
|Human Resources Management||PhD in relevant field; Master of Human Resources Management or its equivalent||2||1|
|EDUCATION||Community Development||PhD in relevant field; Masters of Arts Community Development or its equivalent||2||1|
|Early Childhood Development.||PhD in relevant field; Master of Science in Early Childhood Development or its equivalent||2||1|
|Languages||PhD in relevant field; Master of Education (Linguistics) in English and Chichewa or its equivalent.||2||1|
|THEOLOGY||Bible and Theology/Christian Education||PhD in relevant field Master of Arts in Theology/Intercultural Studies/Divinity or equivalent||2||2|
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbents will be responsible for the following duties:
- Organizing teaching programs with the approval of the Faculty.
- Maintaining acceptable standards of teaching, and ensuring that facilities are available for research in their respective disciplines.
- Liaising with other departments, professional institutions, associations and similar bodies on matters affecting the department.
- Presenting the department’s academic interests, in the context of the University’s strategy, to industry, government, the professions and educational communities in local and, where appropriate international arenas
- Representing the department’s interests, within the University.
- Lead in curriculum development and review of curriculum and courses in their area of specialty.
- Teach specialized subjects in the curriculum/syllabi.
- Conduct research and outreach in areas of his/her competence.
- Plan outreach programmes for students as appropriate.
- Represent the Faculty at national and international conferences/symposiums in their area of specialty
ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
- Demonstrate expertise in teaching.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and oral and written communication skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting.
- Ability to conduct research and outreach in consultancies.
- Ability to develop relevant courses.
- Ability to develop a lesson plan.
- Practicing Christian.
Competitive and attractive packages in line with qualification and experience will be offered to the successful candidates.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should submit application attaching authenticated copies of certificates and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names and addresses of three traceable referees to the following address by 10th August, 2018:
The University Registrar,
Malawi Assemblies of God University,
P.O. Box 184,